Saturday 28 May 2016

Poetry is honey for the soul (5) - Federica Galetto, Federica Nightingale ... and Federica!





           Poetry is honey for the soul



Federica invites us to come into her world today, as Federica Galetto with her poem that she has translated from Italian into English, and as Federica Nightingale with the digital collage that introduces the text.
More at the end of the post.




collagebambina500px



I am like a stone under your tongue
 I am the bride’s veil
and the drop of salt  into an ocean
 I am an empty jug and the lost water
your arm and your wrist in a land of sounds
 I am the hole you have filled
and the coat that you need
 marble
wool
gold and soul
 I am the descent you walk right through
And the desert you’ll obey
 I am everything
And now I am gone
 (ghost in your mind)
(I am)
§
Io sono come pietra sotto la tua lingua
 Io sono il velo della sposa
E la goccia di sale in un oceano
 Io sono una brocca vuota e l’acqua persa
Il tuo braccio e il tuo polso in una terra di suoni
 Io sono il buco che hai riempito
e il cappotto di cui hai bisogno
 Marmo
Lana
Oro e anima
 Io sono la discesa nella quale ti addentri
e il deserto  a cui ubbidisci
 Io sono tutto
E ora me ne sono andata
 (spettro nella tua mente)
(Io sono)
*
Testi di Federica Galetto


Federica Galetto is a contemporary Italian poet, writer, and artist who has already published part of her work. As an artist, she makes digital collages under the name of Federica Nightingale. She also uses photos as medium for her art. This is the link to her blog (at the page she gives me the authorization to cite today): 
She also has a Facebook page (mostly in English):
As she says of herself and her work:
Sono una poetessa, una scrittrice, una traduttrice, un'artista collagista. Sono ciò che ho sempre voluto essere. ("I am a poet, a writer, a translator, an artist who makes collages. I am the one I have always wanted to be")
La Poesia va diffusa. I mezzi che si utilizzano per farlo non sono importanti, ma importante è che cresca una coscienza poetica dalle radici umane al Cielo. Allora, come diceva un grande giardiniere inglese di nome Geoff Hamilton : "Il Cielo è il limite" ("Poetry shoud be spread. The means that are used to make it are not important. What is important is that a poetical conscience be born from the human roots up to the Heavens. Then, as a great British gardener, named Geoff Hamilton, used to say: 'Sky is the limit'").


(All work by Federica Galetto / Federica Nightingale protected by the laws of copyright). Hazardous translation of her words is mine and she may well correct me!



2 comments: